What is McHappy Day?
McDonald’s commitment to giving back to the communities where we do business has been a core value since Ray Kroc founded the Golden Arches. In the past years, McDonald’s owner/operators, employees and suppliers from around the world have come together to raise awareness and money for Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC) and other local children’s causes through World Children’s Day, which is celebrated every November.
In 2009, World Children’s Day has been renamed as “McHappy Day”.
While the name of our annual fundraiser has changed, our focus has not – McDonald’s remains dedicated to building awareness and raising funds for children’s charities through McHappy Day celebrations around the world.What is the McHappy Day Fun Run?
Locally, one of our fund raising activities for McHappy Day this year is a Fun Run entitled “Ready. Set. Read”. It will be held on November 28, 2010 (Sunday) at the McKinley Hill, Fort Bonifacio.
Everyone who joins the event will help raise money for our chosen beneficiary, the Bright Minds Read (BMR) program of the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
Bright Minds Read is a partnership program with the Department of Education (DepEd) that aims to provide beginning reading curricula and tools for grade one public school students all over the country. This program was implemented together with DepEd in 2002.
In support of the vision “every child a reader,” proceeds from McHappy Day will be used to purchase BMR kits for public schools. Each BMR Kit benefits at least 250 grade one public school children. How to Join?
1. Click here to download the application form
2. Print, fill-up the form and go to any of the following participating McDonald’s stores to pay the registration fee:
MAKATI: Bankmer, Buendia, Greenbelt, JAKA, Makati Ave., MCS, People Support, PRC, Quad, Rockwell, SM Cyber, SM Makati, Valero. MANDALUYONG: Barangka, Edsa Boni, SM Megamall. MANILA: Gov. Forbes, P. Campa, UST. MUNTINLUPA: Alabang, Las Pinas. PARANAQUE: Sucat Palanyag. PASAY: ECOM. PASIG: Annex Shaw (WWC), El Pueblo, Frontera Verde, Shangri-La, Shell-Emerald, Strata. QC: Banaue, C5- Metropoli, Eastwood Mall, Edsa Panay, Katipunan, Matalino, North Ave., Proj. 8, Quezon Ave., SM North Edsa, Timog Tobias, Tomas Morato, Trinoma 1, Trinoma 2, Visayas Ave. SAN JUAN: Greenhills TAGUIG: 32nd Street, Forbes Town, Market Market, McKinley, Piazza MallRegistration Details:
1. Registration Period: October 15 to November 21, 2010
2. Registration Fee (non-refundable): Individual – P350 ; Group of 4 – P1,250.
*Any individual excess of four (4) will pay P350 each.
3. Registration Fee Inclusions:
• McHappy Day Fun Run Race Kit:1 Race Bib (4 Bibs per Race Kit for 3K Family
• McHappy Day Reminders with Route Map
• Meal Stub: Food can ONLY be claimed and distributed at venue on the race day itself (6am onwards) and not in any McDonald’s store.
1. Race Schedule:
Date: 28 November 2010 (Sunday)
Assembly Time: 5:00AM
Gun Start: 10K 5:30AM
3K 6:00AM (Individual and Family)
2. Category and Prizes
Prizes and medals will be given during the Awarding Ceremony after the Fun Run
3. There will be a Family Category in the 3K distance. To qualify, the group/family should be composed of 2 Adults and 2 Kids (12 years and younger). Participants who are registered for the 3K Family category may only participate and win in this particular category. Participants can join and win in only ONE category.
4. Incomplete Application Forms and/or unsigned waiver will not be accepted or considered registered to participate in the race. McDonald’s reserves the right to prevent a participant from actually participating in the race as it may deem necessary