Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kiddieparty.phForumPortalLatest imagesHomeLog inRegister

are restaurants a safe place for birthday parties?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
smoochie

Number of posts : 4

are restaurants a safe place for birthday parties? Empty
PostSubject: are restaurants a safe place for birthday parties?   are restaurants a safe place for birthday parties? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:26 pm

are restaurants a safe place for parties? recently, me and my wife celebrated our daughter's 1st b-day and baptismal in a restaurant in greenhills, san juan, we have rented out majority of their space and they told me that i have the place for my self and my guest. so during the event, me and my wife were entertaing guest, we left our bag in our seat inside the restaurant with my in-laws sitting just beside it. suddenly my wife was frantic looking for her bag. (short to say) we were victimized by a "grab and go" theft. the restaurant manager kept on telling us that it was not them who did it, so after the party, i went to the police and reported the whole thing, i was later informed by the police and the security officer that there were already a series of same unfortunate event that had happened to that same venue, then came the question: why is there a security lapse in the system of the restaurant? if this already had happened in previous events, why have they made steps to correct this? I got my answer from the manager and it was the rude awakening " YOU WERE NEGLIGENT WITH YOUR PROPERTY. WE (THE RESTAURANT) ARE IN THE FOOD BUSINESS NOT SECURITY SERVICE" That was the last time i talked with the manager. i am admittedly negligent with my own property, but are they not suppose to do something about their security too?
Back to top Go down
susango

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: are restaurants a safe place for birthday parties?   are restaurants a safe place for birthday parties? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:32 pm

it depends on the restaurant.... there are some who run their businesses professionally... and provide security for their guests.. personally, i would still consider a restaurant a good place for birthday parties, especially if price is reasonable and food is really good. Smile
Back to top Go down
mommie-p

Number of posts : 217

PostSubject: Re: are restaurants a safe place for birthday parties?   are restaurants a safe place for birthday parties? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:07 pm

all public places are prone to such incidents. i heard of a another kiddie party story at a prominent hotel, and same thing happened. the celebrant's mom lost her bag when she left it under the table. some other guests saw someone wearing a yaya uniform leaving the ballroom with it. it just means that we should always be on a look out for our personal belongings. but it doesn't mean that the restaurant should have given that kind of answer to you.

since incidents like that often occur at their establishment, maybe they should place more guards and more cctv cameras all over the place. a sign saying be careful of your belongings might also make patrons be more wary of other people around them.

can you tell us which restaurant this is so we can all be careful when we are dining there?

Smile
Back to top Go down
smoochie

PostSubject: Re: are restaurants a safe place for birthday parties?   are restaurants a safe place for birthday parties? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm

i have new informations that was fed to me after this incident. apparently, i was the 4th victim under this restaurant's name, previously, they have another name which is not only prone but you might say notorious to such incidents. just be careful, that's the most i can do at the moment. i'm not sure if i could exactly say the restaurant's name here out loud. but let me give you a head start to prevent this from happening anymore.
it's A.Seafoods Restaurant in A.street near the Greenhills shopping center. i would also like to post the picture of the thief if the moderator would allow me. my photographer got a shot on the thief and we confirmed the indentity with the sanjuanpolice. the thief sure is professional and a criminal at large. and was also a part of a big organized crime as the police told me. and this has been very alarming to me since there were a lot of kids during my event and i am still grateful that only material possesion was lost. by the way, the thief was even there before we got there. our househelp who was there with us saw the thief and thought that the thief was a yaya
Back to top Go down
smoochie

PostSubject: Re: are restaurants a safe place for birthday parties?   are restaurants a safe place for birthday parties? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:06 pm

http://ph.mc771.mail.yahoo.com/y5/s/viewphoto;_ylc=X3oDMTR1dmQzcWp0BEFjdGlvbgNUaHVtYm5haWwgY2xpY2tlZARJbnRsA3BoBExua1R5cANSZWd1bGFyBFBhcnRUeXBlA1lhaG9vIQRSZXNQb3NBAzAEUmVzUG9zUgMEU3JjaEN1cnIDcGhvdG8EU3JjaERlc3QDcGhvdG8EX1F1ZXJ5SWQDMTc4MDMxNDg1MzQ5ZmQxNjExOGI1MDcEX1MDMTUwNTAwNzU2?show=largephoto&folderid=%40S%40Search&mid=1_833_2_176_0_ALp7bHwAAI5WSfgdkg1dPTWsaTM&partid=2&name=daga1.JPG&size=9216&search=1
Back to top Go down
smoochie

PostSubject: Re: are restaurants a safe place for birthday parties?   are restaurants a safe place for birthday parties? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:12 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38080362@N08/3495413983/

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3414/3495413963_e2bb450c4b_m.jpg
Back to top Go down
mommyhazel

mommyhazel

Number of posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: are restaurants a safe place for birthday parties?   are restaurants a safe place for birthday parties? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:21 pm

hi smoochie! thanks for posting a picture of the culprit. this will help a lot of us be aware of scams in parties... i know of incidents stealing the gifts that's why i always tell my family members to always look at the gift table during parties. pati pala personal belongings merong ninanakaw! Mad

also, it probably still depends on the establishment. i held my daughter's baptism in dencio's capitol hills and everything went well. i am still looking at restaurant venues for my daughter's first birthday but i will now keep in mind to check the place's security...

thanks again for this post!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: are restaurants a safe place for birthday parties?   are restaurants a safe place for birthday parties? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

are restaurants a safe place for birthday parties?
Page 1 of 1