Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kiddieparty.phForumPortalLatest imagesHomeLog inRegister

help! mulan themed party

Go down 
+2
mummy
ireneR
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ireneR

Number of posts : 2

help! mulan themed party Empty
PostSubject: help! mulan themed party   help! mulan themed party Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:05 am

hi! my daughter will be celebrating her birthday this january. she really love the mulan character. i appreciate if you can give ideas/suggestions for the invitation, giveaways and decor. thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
mummy

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: help! mulan themed party   help! mulan themed party Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:14 pm

for mulan theme, puwede kang chinese inspired.

for decor, maganda ang chinese paper lanterns, like this http://www.culturalintrigue.com/ProductImages/paper-lanterns/BL30PI.jpg.

then for lootbag, chinese takeout boxes, like this http://asianideas.com/chtaoutbo.html
Back to top Go down
jackyporto

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: help! mulan themed party   help! mulan themed party Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:56 am

i would suggest the invites if your on a budget to do it on ur own. my son's birthday i just got picks of his favorite star wars characters and positioned them on paper. and wrote down the words in a galaxy far away.. etc.. find something about mulan that you could put in to ur invites maybe make a scroll as an invite but use chopsticks instead of sticks to wrap the paper around. i do agree with mummy's post. ganda ng ideas niya for your decor and giveaways..but it would depend naman sa location ng birthday. may mga venues na mag add on ka nalang ng designs..
Back to top Go down
ireneR

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: help! mulan themed party   help! mulan themed party Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 12:26 pm

many thanks for the suggestions
Back to top Go down
partytrinkets

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: help! mulan themed party   help! mulan themed party Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 2:26 pm

MuLan Party

Invitations:
Scroll design or on a fan write the party invite and directions.
Invite the kids to come dressed up like a Character or in traditional type Chinese clothing.

Decorations:
Chinese Kites, paper lanterns, fans, paper dragons. (make by taking long pieces of construction paper and fold accordion like. Attach a dragon head and tail to either end). Origami animals.

Goodie Bags:
Find 'Chinese take out' boxes to put goodies in. Silk items, fans,
Chinese yo yos, finger traps, Mulan figures, cup and saucer from Chinese tea set, fortune cookies.

Games and Activities:
Make Streamers- need chopsticks and crepe paper. Have the kids attach one end of the crepe paper to the chopstick and twirl them about.

Chopstick relay- Each team gets a pair of chopsticks and must carry, push etc a balloon to one end of the course then back to the next in line. They may not touch the balloon with their hands.

Decorate hair combs with flowers and other items.

Decorate the 'take-out' boxes with stickers, etc

`for a fun, worry-free party, party trinkets!
Back to top Go down
hapime

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: help! mulan themed party   help! mulan themed party Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:50 pm

your daughter can also wear a cheong-sam (right spelling ba?)
Back to top Go down
mommie-p

Number of posts : 217

PostSubject: Re: help! mulan themed party   help! mulan themed party Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:05 pm

how about having fortune cookies included with the dessert.

in the loot bag you can include red envelopes with paper money, just like the real angpao of the chinese.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help! mulan themed party   help! mulan themed party Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

help! mulan themed party
Page 1 of 1