These are ways on planning a great event:
1. Come up with an idea, vision, or set of goals for the event.
2. Determine what is necessary to implement the vision and create a budget.
3. Contact your school's administration and inquire about possible venues and available dates for the event. Make the reservations for the proper facilities to put on the event.
4. Identify possible sources of funding and begin to request money for the event.
5. Reserve the proper resources, equipment, and personnel necessary for the event.
(steps 3, 4, and 5 should happen at about the same time) 6. Publicize the event.
7. Host the event.
8. Follow-up from the event.
It should always be organize enough for it to be perfect. You must plan early. Always check the foods, the venue, the things needed time by time.